Tuesday, December 20, 2011

THE BIG HOUSE

December 15, 2011
Dear Dreamers:
I’m outdoors with several friends, sitting in the bright sun in the middle of a park in the middle of a city.  I tell one woman that I may not go out for dinner with them and she starts to cry...”it’s not the same without you”, “it’s no fun without you”.  
The next scene, we’re all getting off a bus that runs right through a residence.  It’s a beautiful huge white marble home.  One side of the house is completely open with steps 50 feet wide leading up to the sidewalk.  Directly across the street is a huge white marble office building shining brightly in the sun.  We’re in one room of the home that looks like a bedroom.  It’s very colorful...brick-color walls and big colorful prints on the bedspread, curtains and lampshades.  There’s a huge water bed in the center of the room.   We were watching a theatrical performance of some kind, but it was not sexual.  Suddenly we’re in the kitchen heading out of the home.  The family is eating breakfast.  We excuse ourselves, somewhat embarrassed to be intruding.  They are very nice, telling us it’s ok, no problem, etc.  I wonder aloud why they bought a home with a bus running through it...it seems they were ok with the fact that the bus only comes through a few times a day, and besides it’s a magnificent place, so it’s worth it to them.
***
This one puzzled me, so it’s been a few days since the dream ‘til now.  Again, let’s assume all parts of the dream are me.  It would seem that all parts of me want to be acknowledged and accepted, and miss me when I abandon them. But what are those qualities I may be leaving behind?  Perhaps they’re unwanted things, such as pettiness, impatience, dissatisfaction.  Those are qualities I am happy to leave behind!  Because of the general good feelings resulting from this dream, I don’t get the sense I'm leaving behind positive qualities, such as creativity, compassion or joy.  


Ok, so what about the house with the bus running through it...
If I am the house, big, “magnificent”, with direct open access to an even grander part of me, why am I just visiting?  I realize it's not me that's visiting...I am that place.  Rather it is aspects of me that are visiting, that come and go, and the bus just brings them and drops them off as appropriate.  The bus is the conduit to the plethora of shifting emotions and experiences, bringing them in and taking them away.  So I realize this is about allowing and awareness of the connections with all the roles I play and the concurrent various internal experiences I encounter as a result.  And it's also about allowing these conscious connections in order to bring me closer to who I really am spiritually.  Perhaps I’m also trying to connect my sexuality (the bedroom) and personal expansiveness with the business-like or spiritual, either of which could be represented by the big office building across the street.
The one thing I am clear about in this dream is that this was a good-feeling dream.  I felt free in this dream, enjoying who I was where I was and getting a good chuckle about the bus.
What do you think?
‘Til next time...
Happy dreams!
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment