Wednesday, December 7, 2011

THE JOURNEY

December 6, 2011


Dear Dreamers:



It was a sunny, pleasant day, much like today, and I was leading some sort of tour group.  We were on a bus that broke down on a city street.  The group was calm and pleasant, and I gave each of them $200 for the trouble.  As new busses came along, I transferred whoever I could to that bus.  I spent some time determining who who transfer and when, but finally decided to move older folks first, then those in a real hurry.  There was calm and conversation and a joyful atmosphere.  Then the bus moved to the countryside to an obvious tourist place   I’m not sure what the attraction was or why we were there, but we were all shopping for souvenirs.  There was a line of people coming and going in a very relaxed way from a grey and brown brick one-story building, with a large door and huge beveled windows.  It was altogether charming.  The grounds were well-kept...green, soft lawn, neatly trimmed bushes, beautiful colorful flowers. People came and went.  I awoke looking forward to sharing my husband’s birthday day with him.
At first I wasn’t sure what this was about, but as I sat back and just looked at what I’d typed, it became clearer to me.  Perhaps it is that I’m a traveler through life, like all of us...on a journey, going somewhere, enjoying the experience.  I’m both participant and observer, and am able to share the experience with lightness and grace.  As I am the bus, it seems the “breakdown” is the leaving behind of old ways of being, and the steady moving onto the new busses is the concurrent adoption of new, healthier and happier ways of being.  I like this idea.  As I am the charming building, I am the new experience of myself.  I sit easily in the sunshine while things and people come and go...I remain balanced and peaceful, trusting in my endurance.  So while this dream initially seemed to be innocuous, on examination I realize it is a profound confirmation and affirmation of the life-enhancing shifts I have been creating for myself in my way of being.  Hooray! 

'Til next time... 


Happy dreaming!


Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment