Friday, December 9, 2011

SAVE THE WHALES

December 9, 2011
Dear Dreamers:
I’m on what appears to be a smallish Viking ship with one other person...a young, hunky guy.  We’re on a mission to find the sea food that we must eat in order to kill the snakes that kill the whales.  It’s dark, cloudy and windy and the sea is rough but not threatening.  We will find this food...a small, brown, slimy round type of seaweed...in the caves along the shoreline.  We finally reach the spot and pull into the cave.  We both dive off the ship, and down into the dark water for the magical food.  Coming up with bags full of the seaweed, we return to the ship, eat the brown soft chips, and watch as the snakes die.  Our mission is a success and we start to return home when I realize I left my purse back in the cave.  He swims back for it and returns....
And then I find myself in a theater.  Friends are giving a performance.  It’s dark and the house is full.  After a while, my husband and I sneak out...we’ve see the upcoming part which is on film...and we have to ask an important question of someone.  So we go out into what we believe will be the lobby, and the place transforms into what looks like a school hallway.  What was the auditorium is now a lunch room, with long tables and high-schoolers eating.  We find our performer friends and ask them what happened, and get no response.  I awake.
***
I’m in the water again.  For me, I believe water represents new life, possibility, creation.  I am in the birthing process of creating something new in my life, and though there are challenges, it is “not threatening.”  Eating the food that kills the snakes is doing what I must do to “kill” old ways of being in order for the new, more evolved (the whales) part of me to survive and thrive.  Though I may have left behind some valuables (the purse), they are easily retrieved.
I guess the transformation of the theater into a school is a way of indicating I am not an observer, but a participant of life...even better, a learner.
What do you think?
‘Til next time...
Happy dreams!
Bev

1 comment:

  1. Hello Bev! Its funny how dreams are always moving to the next thing... I love this dream and your thoughs on what this dream means. Very cool stuff! Thank for sharing your dreams!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete