Tuesday, January 24, 2012

COME ON BABY, LIGHT MY FIRE!

January 23, 2012
Dear Dreamers:
I’m in a comedy group and we’re all together trying to create some new material.  I’m feeling stressed trying to come up with ideas, and I finally share with the others that I like the idea of animating inanimate objects.  I focus on a candle and think of humorous things it can do...dance, talk, argue with me.  I share these observations with the group and they approve. The scene switches to me being with my husband Mark.  He had some sort of job, and took a bagful of quarters from the employer.  Now he and I are in someone’s backyard looking for a place to hide the quarters.  It’s cold outside...the trees are bare and there are fallen leaves on the ground.  We’re dressed for the cold weather as we search the area for a place to hide the coins.  The search is not fruitful, so I take the bag and put it in the bottom drawer of my desk.  There ‘s a huge glass bottle of water in the drawer which I remove and put on the floor next to the desk.  I put the bag in the drawer, though I’m not sure where the desk is or what I’m doing there.  Other people are around and they see me do this so I act casual and walk away.  The scene switches to... 
I’m enjoying the company of  friends outside a home-and- garden store in Culver City reminding me of Anawalt Lumber, looking for a wedding gift for Betty White’s sister who is two years younger than Betty.  At first I buy an outdoor candle, but after thinking about it, it feels too cheap so I return it and get her a gift certificate for more money.   It occurs to me I have a bunch of candles at home, and in my dream I see a long winding pathway of candles in the dark of night, but don’t know where they lead to or from.  Just a path of candles beautifully illuminating the dark.  
***
I have no idea what any of this means, and am hard-pressed to even make a guess, except for the candles that light a path in the dark.  I love that I have those candles, meaning I have the resources to get me through the darkness that comes into my life.  I don’t know where the path will lead, what the destination is, but by putting one foot in front of the other I’m sure to get through.  I think it’s interesting that I started out this dream sequence thinking about candles, and it sort of came full circle when I saw the lighted path at the end.  If winter signifies death, perhaps in this case the winter scene signifies the change from one phase of life to another.  As for the rest, anything I come up with would be a stretch, so I’ll leave it here. 
What do you think?
‘Til next time...
Happy dreaming!
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment