Friday, January 27, 2012

WHO'S THAT BLONDE?

January 27, 2012
Dear Dreamers:
I’m at what appears to be a university campus, a teacher/student carrying a big canvas bag loaded with books, crossing a busy street.  Earlier it had rained, but now it’s just overcast and cool, puddles dotting the dark brick streets.  People are passing to and fro, many dressed in black rain coats. Though I appear to be in a hurry, when students stop me to ask questions I engage in lively conversation with them.  I am enjoying this.  Cut to...
A young, blonde, lovely naked woman is casually strolling through a residential neighborhood. It is sunny and bright out, and she seems to be enjoying herself.  I’m following her, trying to get her to put on clothes.  She ignores me and keeps walking.  Finally I see a young man in the window of a house staring at us. He invites us in and gives her some of his clothes. She models the clothes which fit her perfectly.  Cut to...
Me, holding my books, dressed in a dark pinstripe pantsuit. I’m outside of a lovely white, ranch-style home with big windows that sits on a small hill sloping to the sidewalk.  Gardeners are working on the grounds and putting up a narrow stone wall at the edge of the slope adjacent to the walk.  Because of the mess, I have to traverse the stone wall in high heels, not spikes but high enough to be a challenge.  As I reach the end of the wall and step off, the workers say "goodbye teacher." 
***
The grey day symbolizes, for me, an unclear state of mind...am I teacher or student?  I believe both.  It may also indicate a confused state of mind as to sense of direction...where am I going and what’s next?  This certainly seems to be an accurate reflection of how I feel at this time in my life.  Grey can also indicate the unconscious, and is contrasted by the next part of the dream which is in sunshine, representing the conscious mind.  But who’s the blonde?  What comes to me when I consider this aspect of the dream is that she represents my feminine side, because she does indeed look very feminine.  She is then covered by masculine clothing...does this mean I hide my femininity?  Or that I should hide my femininity?  Or perhaps that I can cover the femininity but it's still very much there.  I’ll look into that.  
As far as the last part...as always, I believe the home is me.  This one is expansive, spiritually and emotionally open, welcoming.  The hills, if representing Earth Mother, can indicate a source of inner wisdom, which coincides with the Teacher theme.  Perhaps I believe I’m actually gaining some wisdom at this stage in my life, and that this is something to consider as I continue the search for more meaning and direction.
What do you think?
‘Til next time...
Happy dreaming!
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment