Saturday, January 7, 2012

GATSBY

January 6, 2012
Dear Dreamers:
I am at an elegant party on a large estate.  The house is huge and rather  like the White House, only bigger.  I’m looking at it from a distance, so I can see the entire width of the home. The portion of the house I focus on is the ballroom and the multitude of floor-to-ceiling doors swept open onto the massive veranda.  From there, several steps lead down to the expansive and highly groomed lawn.  It appears as though I’m working at the party, because the scene shifts to me and several others waiting outside one large bathroom to change clothes and join the party.  The men made it to the bathroom first, and a number of them are gathered inside donning their tuxes.  The women are annoyed and grumbling because of the wait, but finally we get our turn.  We quickly and happily change into our finery and enter the party.  Switch to...
a scene in a courtyard, dirt surrounded by white brick single-story structures, somewhat decrepit.  I’m playing a part in a film and am still in my party gown.  I have one scene and am waiting for my entrance.  As I step forward to enter the scene, I awake.
***
This dream is a direct reflection of my experience of my day...a day of too many moments of non-alignment of body, mind and spirit.  As in many of my dreams, there’s a house.  A huge, beckoning, beautiful house.  It is the new me, the expansive and fully-integrated me, the me that I imagine myself to be...and I am not there.  I am at a distance.  A pretender, a guest only, as I change my clothes to attend the ball, like Cinderella.  The courtyard scene tells it all...I am playing a part.  
I guess the good news is that the buildings I see, in this and previous dreams, are big and bright and energetically as I wish myself to be.  I like to think this indicates I’m getting close.  When I actually become that house, when I feel expansive, aligned with spirit and powerful, I believe it will be an awesome experience!
What do you think?
‘Til next time...
Happy dreaming!
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment