Thursday, January 19, 2012

READY ON THE SET!

January 18, 2012
Dear Dreamers:
I am in what looks like a warehouse...gloomy, walls of cinder block painted institutional grey/green, small rooms.  I and many others are visiting a Rumanian company that’s located in an American city.  We’re there to learn something, but I’m not sure what. Perhaps it’s a school.  Perhaps we’re there to learn about the culture.  In any case, it’s a fascinating experience.... the people are very cordial but cautious, fearful of getting too friendly.  They befriend us as much as they believe it is safe.  The place is all business, and feels very restrictive.  I remember many years ago visiting Rumania, and in some ways this mimicked the paranoid feelings we experienced when we were there.  
We leave for lunch and step into sunlight and what appears to be a compound of one-story, brown brick buildings surrounded by manicured lawns and a plethora of trees.  Quite a contrast to the environment we were just in!  As I walk away, I realize my car is parked in the lot adjacent to the building I just left.  One of our group leaders suggests I not leave my car there all afternoon/evening, because the parking area may be gated.  I go back to retrieve it and drive it to a place that I know will be accessible.  I catch up to several women gathered in a room talking about returning for a special program at 9 p.m.  We can’t go back sooner...the classes have changed and the one I was expecting to attend was suddenly gone.   Very disappointing.   Switch to...
Sandra Bullock is driving us down the city streets in a vintage sky-blue convertible.  Now it’s clear we’re on a movie lot and we’re all in the production.  One young woman is needing help, so several of us are driving her to wherever she needs to go.  Sandra drops me off at my place, which is a huge Victorian cottage on the water.  The sun is shining and shimmering off the placid lake.  As I step out of the car and turn around to close the car door, I notice a huge billboard across the street.  It’s all black and is an advertisement for sunglasses.  While a few of the others are eager to shop, I decide to stay at the house.  I ask her to pick me up later when we’re all going back to the set.  
***
What’s this about???  I’m thinking the first building, in Romania, has to do with the old me, my past.  Why Romania?  I have no idea.  But the fact that I visited there during the height of Communist repression and paranoia gives me a direct personal reference to unappealing qualities that may be  deep-seated in my own psyche, and a clue as to why I leave that building and walk out into the light, which may represent a new, more spiritually expansive me.  One can only hope.    
I love that I’m on a movie lot...does that mean that all life is not real?  That we’re all playing parts?  I love the fantasy of the fantasy.
A black sign selling sunglasses is interesting.  In my dream, I don’t actually see the ad, so I’m not clear how I know it’s selling sunglasses, but that’s what came to me, so I’ll go with it.  The fact that I’m not interested in shopping for dark glasses may indicate I’m wanting to see things as they are, without a filter.  An interesting juxtaposition to being on a film lot, which is a fantasy land...how does one see things “as they are” when you’re existing in make-believe?  Hmmm.  I’m a Sandra Bullock fan, but not sure what she represents, except to say that she seems to me to be one of the more personable and accessible movie stars, and I would love to be her buddy.  The fact that I’d rather stay at my lovely home on the water may be an indication of self-satisfaction, contentment or creative potential.
What do you think?
‘Til next time...
Happy dreaming!
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment