Saturday, January 21, 2012

THE PRODUCER



January 21, 2012
Dear Dreamers:
Last night I dreamt I was the producer of a film that was in production.  I remember going into what looked like a large white tent.  There was a general buzz of activity throughout...tables were scattered around the perimeter and several people dashing to and fro looking very busy.  They were all young men with slicked back hair and wearing dark pinstripe suits.  One of them was sitting in a funky old rocking chair in the middle of the tent, looking very self-important and self-satisfied.  He was checking people’s I.D. to determine whether they were cleared to enter the main shooting area or not.  He looked at my I.D. but clearly had no idea who I was because he didn’t believe I was the producer and refused to let me go further.  I walked out, went around the tent to where the action was, and returned to Mr. Supercilious with a person who knew me and could verify my identity.  With much chagrin, he acknowledged his error and invited me in. I felt a sense of triumph, and it made me smile. 
I’d like to think I fired him, but may have been more compassionate in the dream.
***
Interesting that twice in a row my dreams took place on a movie lot.  This has never happened before and I wonder why now?  Is this a message that I’m supposed to be in film somehow?  A midlife career change of this sort seems unlikely but...where are my 8x10s???  On a deeper level, considering Mr. S who’s trying to keep me out of the action...is that the part of me that holds me back in some ways?  My own inhibitor?  Could be...but the really good news is that I outsmart him!  I cleverly get what I want in a calm, clear, easy way, ironically no drama.  I like that.  It’s a great message about not stopping ourselves and, if we feel stopped, to look for new, grace-filled ways of accomplishing our goals.  Maybe the fact that this dream takes place on a movie lot reflects the concept that our lives are our creation and we get to create them anew in each moment.  There may be parameters to our lives and things we have to do, but who we are while we’re doing them is entirely up to us...no one can tell us who we are but us!  In essence, we are the producers of our own lives.
I like these messages...they are strong communications that support self-empowerment and choice, and encourage us to be creative and fearless in our own life film.
What do you think?
‘Til next time...
Happy dreaming!
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment